Proven Ways to Treat Paresthesia Naturally
Wonder why you get numbness, crawling sensation in skin and itching without any apparent cause? It may be Parethesia. These abnormal sensations on the human body is termed as paresthesia.
It can be felt at any part of body but it usually occurs in the extrimities i.e. legs, hands, arms or feet. Some severe cases of paresthesia may experience the stabbing pain with limited mobility. Apart from such pains, tingling, numbness, weakness and burning sensation the primary signs of paresthesia.
Usually, paresthesia remain for short period some cases may suffer from chronic paresthesia. The causes of paresthesia includes temporary pressure on affected area that leads to reduced blood circulation, exposure to cold weather or even bad sleeping position may trigger paresthesia.
The chronic paresthesia can be caused by various reasons including some underlying neurological diseases, deficiency of vitamins & minerals. Jobs that require the repetitive movements of hands or feet may trigger the chronic paresthesia.
Usually, everyone experience the acute paresthesia at some point in life. But as you age, risk of chronic paresthesia increases. Certain health conditions like diabetes, neurological disorders like MS and auto-immune diseases increases the risk of getting affected by paresthesia.
People who have habits of drinking & smoking excessively are also prone to this disorder.
Most of the times acute paresthesia goes by its own but chronic one demand the treatment.
In acute parestheisa, massage can bring immediate relief while in chronic cases, before you initiate the massage the underlying cause of paresthesia must be evaluated properly.
Massage provides relief in paresthesia by increasing the blood flow to the affected area. This increased blood circulation reduces the severity of symptoms of paresthesia.
Also, massage is useful tool to stimulate the nerves and improve nerve functions.
- Put some massage oil (essential oil or coconut oil can be used) over the desired area.
- Massage the affected are for few minutes with firm pressure using fingers. Use circular motions to massage.
- Repeat the massage 2 to 3 times in a day for next few days.
Warm compress provide heat to affected area which results in the increased blood supply.
This increased blood supply brings the nutrients, hormones and immunity boosting ingredients to the affected area and flush out the toxins caused by inflammation which results in pain relief.
Here is what you need to do:
- Take a clean cloth and soak it in the warm water.
- Remove the excess water from cloth.
- Cover the affected area and keep it for few minutes and remove.
- Repeat this procedure for 3 to 4 times a day.
- Make sure that water is not so hot that might bur you skin.
- Taking warm water bath can will also help.
Vitamin B can help to avoid and treat paresthesia.
B-complex vitamins plays an important role in keeping nerves healthy and functional.
It helps nervous system in building the neurotransmitters that creates the memory and thoughts.
It also takes part to build the myelin, lack of sufficient myelin can cause the nerve damage.
To get sufficient amount vitamin B -
- Eat Brazil nuts, peanuts, wheat brand & oatmeal.
- Eat fresh, green leafy vegetables like spinach, turnip & fruits like bananas & avocado.
- Eat eggs, meat, salmon and beef liver.
- Includes low fat milk, feeta cheese, cottage cheese & soy milk in diet.
- Get vitmain B-complex capsules by visiting you doctor.
Though exercise directly doesn't help in providing relief in paresthesia. It does help to move your muscles, burn calories and control the blood sugar levels to a certain amount.
Patient with diabetes mellitus have more chances of suffering from paresthesia due tot he diabetic neuropathy.
- Start walking everyday for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- As days passes increase your pace until your heart rate increases than normal.
- Add swimming, bicycling and other cardiovascular exercises to your routine.
- Learn yoga and meditation to help yourself stay flexible.
Acupuncture do help to relieve paresthesia to certain extend. Chinese are using acupuncture to treat various neurology disorders for several years.
This line of treatment can not be practiced in home so always take the help of experts. Acupuncture expert will insert the needles in and around the affected area of body.
The main aim is to stimulate the acupoints that will improve the blood circulation towards the affected area.